Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Becoming a Mother of Two

Monday was my first day of being home with both kids by myself. We did pretty good and there were very few instances of being desperately needed at the same time. (I am sure that will change). Mason is growing up so fast. When he is awake he is trying to hold his head up. He can't stand to think that he is missing out on something that his big sister is getting to do. I can tell that he is going to catch on to things very quickly. Emma Kate is a fabulous big sister. She wants to help with everything and loves looking and loving on Mason. The first thing she says when I walk into her room in the morning or after nap is "baby?" She then proceeds to point to wherever she thinks he is and we must go and look at him. She gets a very concerned look on her face when she hears him cry. We know that she is going to be a protective older sister.

I feel so much joy when I look at my two children. Emma Kate has grown up so fast and I didn't really realize how old she is getting until I look at Mason and remember Emma Kate at that age. Emma Kate is becoming a little girl and I couldn't be more proud of her. I know that God is shaping her into a beautiful individual. Mason has already started showing his personality. He is pretty laid back although when he wants to eat he wants to eat NOW. He has already gotten on a somewhat regular schedule and is good to go back to sleep after eating at night. (That is a great thing because I am not getting to take any naps during the day right now.) I only have one more person to brag on and I saved the best for last. Matt is an amazing father and husband! He comes in from a long day of work and jumps right in to help. He asks what I need help with and has an endless desire to meet all of our needs. He is truly wonderful and there is no one else in the world that I would rather be traveling through life with. Thanks for listening to me brag about my beautiful children and amazing husband. God is good.

No comments: