Did I just write Happy Easter in May? I was looking and realized I haven't put up any pictures from Easter or from anything since EK's birthday. So, here is a quick rundown of what has been going on. We went to the Carroll's to visit with Boyd! Yay! We had a great visit and he is PRECIOUS and such a sweet baby! While we were in the southeast EK went to visit with Gigi and Smackers all by herself and Mason stayed in Shreveport with me. It was nice only having one child for a week but I sure missed my energetic EK! We took LOTS of pictures of all the kids and Baxter turned 2! We celebrated his birthday with a train party. We had lots of fun spending time with Abbey, Warren and the boys, but we sure did miss our Daddy. We were happy to get back and get settled into life here again. Since we have been back we have been SWIMMING! The kids love having a pool in the backyard and I am trying to relax (only a little) about having it so close! Mason has a new best friend...his life jacket. It has already kept him afloat on more than one occasion. I have heard that with boys, your role as a parent is to keep them alive. I believe every ounce of that statement. It feels like on certain days that he is trying to injury himself in every possible way! I don't want you to think that he is not a sweet child because he is. He just loves life and want to attack life with a lot of gusto!
Matt has been busy with work and getting ready to hike the grand canyon (rim to rim). We are loving having the grandparents down the street and hope they still love their decision once it starts to really warm up. I am going to close with some pictures and letting you know that I am posting new videos on our eachday site (on the right of the blog). There is a precious one of EK singing "Amazing Grace" and "This little light of mine" . Check them out!
P.S. Since I wrote this post we went to the ER with Mason for stitches because of his "zeal for life!" Boys are so much fun!
Matt has been busy with work and getting ready to hike the grand canyon (rim to rim). We are loving having the grandparents down the street and hope they still love their decision once it starts to really warm up. I am going to close with some pictures and letting you know that I am posting new videos on our eachday site (on the right of the blog). There is a precious one of EK singing "Amazing Grace" and "This little light of mine" . Check them out!
P.S. Since I wrote this post we went to the ER with Mason for stitches because of his "zeal for life!" Boys are so much fun!
We took over 500 pictures (Abbey and Warren have a great, fast camera..only took about 20 minutes ) and this was one of about 5 that all the kids are in, looking, and reasonably happy!

Most of the pictures have more of this look to them! ( I will say that it was before 8 am...Central time which was 6 am my kids time...the morning after we got there!)
This picture was taken the afternoon we arrived. Notice: I am still carrying a backpack vs a diaper bag; Emma Kate has on Mason's shorts and no socks. Her wardrobe was quite different when we started in AZ that morning (cute dress and shirt). On the drive to Phoenix she got carsick twice. sorry Daddy Steve. She then proceeded to get airplane sick on the approach into Dallas (with still one more flight to go). At this point I had used all of our extra clothes and so we had to resort to wearing Mason's! We also ran out of wipes and so thankfully she was asleep on our landing into Louisiana. Our private pediatrician wrote us a prescription medication of motion sickness for the return trip!
Emma Kate holding Boyd. She could have held him for hours! He is so precious!
1 comment:
Alice-you kids are too cute! Glad you had a good visit with Abbey-I know she enjoyed you being there.
Post a Comment