Thursday, May 28, 2009

Pancakes and Movies

Today we started the day off early, but right. We had Pancakes! Mason was up at 6:15 and so I started breakfast with the idea of having it all done before my "Big Helper" awoke. Wrong. When Emma Kate got up and I told her that we were making "panpakes" she ran to her room saying "I need to help!" When she came back this is what I saw


Fortunately, I had already passed the messy part (flour, eggs, baking powder, etc.) and was onto the table setting. She enjoyed helping put it all on the table (you always need an apron when setting the table!)

After breakfast we got ready to go to the summer movie series that Harkins Theaters is putting on. It is a great deal. There are ten movies for ten weeks (one movie per week...today was Space Chimps, throughout the summer they will show Horton Hears a Who, Madagascar, Tale of Despereaux and more). You pick the day you want to come and it is only $5 (for all ten movies, 2 and under are free). I thought that I was crazy for thinking that I could take a 2 year old and an 8 month old to a movie theater! Loud movie...sitting still...quiet?! I was wrong for doubting. They loved it! It is dark for Mason (he got to nap) and EK sat still in her seat (unless she was scared) and only got antsy once (thank you for mini chocolate chip cookies). We will definitely be going quite a bit this summer (not all of them because only half are cartoony, the others are geared for older kids) and it is going to help us beat the summer heat!

Yesterday we stayed in because EK was coughing quite a bit and a little runny nose. Since we were inside all day Mason had a lot of opportunities to do this



Mason has also been crawling up a storm. He is pretty fast and knows it. He gets so excited when he gets crawling in a good rhythm. EK gets down and crawls with him sometimes and it tickles him so much that he accidentally smacks his forehead on the ground. It is cute and upsetting in one quick second!

Earlier in the week we made a cake for Daddy (which didn't turn out as expected but EK didn't mind licking the entire beater clean) and as you can see I had A LOT of help in the kitchen. We also hosted playgroup on Tuesday and baby Kaitlyn came. EK obviously loves babies. She would have held Kaitlyn all day and was sad when Kaitlyn had to go and eat.




Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Jan said...

ek looks so grown up in those pictures!

Unknown said...

Emma Kate is so pretty and I love that blond hair!